Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Modern-Rustic Plus Quilt

Plus Quilt!
This is a quilt that I finished up right around Christmas time... so late May is an appropriate time to write about it, right?? This was far from my usual color palate, as you can probably guess, but I actually had a lot of fun choosing fabrics for it. I used 4 or 5 from the shop and then ordered the rest online to create a quilt that would be at home in someone's cabin-esque home in the outskirts of Chicagoland. Basically the countryside. 

Kinda blurry photo
My friend ANgie ordered this quilt for her brother who was getting married. I dont think I used a pattern for the pluses, but each block is around 12" square, the middle bar being 4.5 inches wide, if I recall correctly. I made the binding out of Robert Kaufman's Essex yarn dyed linen, in "leather" which is actually one of my favorite fabrics because it really has a lot of depth in person. And a different texture than the rest of the quilting cottons, which I like. 

Close up
I used a Riley Blake flannel for the back, since they had a winter wedding and live in a cabin. It is a really soft and snuggly fabric so I thought it would be perfect. I also loved using a few Alison glass prints (the red, and the dark teal with green x-circles, the tan with red pluses). They are so rich in color, and so unique, I just love them. I have a fat quarter bundle of the whole line and I just can't decide what to do with it! Aside from stare lovingly. 

I fun departure and a nice, wintery quilt! 

No comments :

Post a Comment