Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Now Open!

The big day has finally arrived, and the shop is officially open for business!

Last night was the opening party and I was so pleased with how things went. Lots of people came by to say hi, have a mini cupcake and a mini glass of champagne. It was great to feel lots of creative, excited energy surrounding something I have brought into being. It was nice to have family around and also new friends from Nashville! (And future friends in Nashville!).

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="650"]the fabric studio Cupcakes and beautiful flowers[/caption]

It got sunny right before the party, so my sequin skirt was extra sparkly :) It was nice to see familiar faces and also meet new people who are excited about the shop. Great feeling!

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="650"]the fabric studio nashville Old friends![/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="650"]Image New friends[/caption]

Image

Sadly I did not get pictures of most people who came, but it was a really great time and lots of fun. Plus there was pink champagne which never ruins a night!

So today was the first day o' business and I was going to consider it a success if even one person came (havent gotten around to too much advertising yet, but that is April's goal) and I have definitely met the one person goal. Even met some awesome new people!

This month I'll be getting some more Japanese fabrics in, packing up some scrap bundles, planning for May's class schedule, and maybe creating some fun cross stitch kits.... Stay tuned!

 

1 comment :

  1. It's about time someone open a quilt shop in Nashville!!!! Yay! I can't wait to come visit when I come home to visit family! I wish y'all all the best!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete