Monday, March 17, 2014

Good Friends

One of the best parts about opening The Fabric Studio has been the amazing amount of support I have found here in Nashville. Of course my family is awesome and supportive from afar, (and from near, when Mattie visits), but the people I've met in town have really helped me do things that I could have never done on my own.

From the very first week I had the space, Keri and Amanda have used their unparalleled drilling and furniture-building skills to help me so, so much. They hung my bathroom shelves, whipped together all kinds of Ikea Expedits, helped me build my cutting table (which is so rad, I'll show pics of that soon).

keriamanda


Then this week they came back and expertly hung my pegboards on the front wall, which will house patterns, scissors, rulers, pins, and all kinds of fun stuff like that. That was a professional job that I never could have accomplished (even if my drill had drill bits). They are awesome people even without their construction and hanging skills, but I definitely appreciate the skills!

I also had help from my friend Miranda's basement workshop, and she took on the task of helping my frame out the pegboards so they'd have finished edges. She even hand sawed all the pieces of trim I needed, and the boards look so good now! She also supplied me with a spray paint area, and transported the finished boards. Awesome!

[caption id="attachment_40" align="aligncenter" width="224"]The peg boards The peg boards[/caption]

Another awesome lady who has made The Fabric Studio come together, is Meghan Wood, who is a sign-maker extraordinaire! She hand painted my logo on the front wall, and today delivered the outside sign. She also designed my business cards and postcards, and everything she does is a million times cooler than I was imagining it in my own head.

[caption id="attachment_39" align="aligncenter" width="225"]Meghan hard at work Meghan hard at work[/caption]

I'll update soon with more pics, but for now  just wanted to thank all the awesome people who are helping me in such concrete ways. Not to mention being so excited and supportive. Nashville is an awesome town!

No comments :

Post a Comment