Monday, April 14, 2014

Welcome SewDown Nashville!

Last Friday I was lucky enough to be able host the entire group of women who came to Nashville to attend SewDown Nashville in my shop. We had discussed setting up a small "pop-up" version of the store at the hotel where the convention was taking place, but since I had no one to watch the store while I would have been at the hotel, and I also didnt really know what I would bring, I asked if they would come to me instead! Luckily they already had a tour bus (in fact it was 2 tour buses!) driving them to Franklin to go on a studio tour at Anna Maria Horner's (which looked amazing), so they added my store to their itinerary.

I luckily had two good friends who agreed to help run the register while I cut fabric, and thank goodness they were there or it would have been absolutely impossible. At around 7:00 we saw this bad boy pull up outside the shop:

[caption id="attachment_103" align="aligncenter" width="225"]Bus 1 of 2 Bus 1 of 2[/caption]

It was huge! And then the woman in charge informed me the second bus was about 10 minutes away. Ok! My store very quickly filled up and within about 2 minutes people were picking things out and handing them to me to cut. I even cut batting for Angela Waters.... it was pretty exciting!

[caption id="attachment_104" align="aligncenter" width="168"]This a picture the Modern Quilt Guild posted on Instagram of my shop looking like a Jeni's ice cream store :) This a picture the Modern Quilt Guild posted on Instagram of my shop looking like a Jeni's ice cream store :)[/caption]

They were in the store for just about 1 hour exactly, and in that time I had 38 transactions. It was crazy, and it was so, so fun! It was great to see what people bought (happy to report that the pink zebra fabric was a hit) and talk to people who are super excited about sewing and fabric, just like me. I met a woman who owns a fabric store in New Jersey and she organizes a "shop owners" dinner at Quilt Market (which I'm going to in Pittsburgh next month), so that was also really fun. It was a great whirlwind, and I was so happy it worked out!

[caption id="attachment_105" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Fabric frenzy Fabric frenzy[/caption]

2 comments :

  1. Your shop was so cool. Thanks for having us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had no idea about your shop (saw this link through Carolyn Friedlander's blog)...I will have to come by soon!

    ReplyDelete